Thread: JW's and Hell
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 01:26 AM

Default Witnessing To Jehovah's Witnesses

Jehovah's Witnesses invite you into a card game with a loaded deck.

The word "hell" is neither misunderstood or mistranslated. The JW teaching is. The Hebrew "sheol" does not mean literally "the grave" but "place of the dead" The literal word for "grave" in Hebrew is "k'ber" or "keber" as some spell it. The KJV translators translated "sheol" as "hell" interchangably with "grave". I trust their translation as it has worked effectually in me and in hundreds of millions of Christians in 400 years and I accept the KJV as the inspired Scripture in my language. Jesus Christ, while in the grave, went to "hell" where he preached to the saints there and also the lost and it was there he deposited the sins He bore on the cross. Once educated in dealing with JWs their belief in hell can be corrected along with their other errors.

JWs usually come in pairs: One experienced member with a trainee. You DO NOT ALLOW THEM to have the initiative in any conversation but you must always keep them on the defensive. The main topic should always be Jesus Christ and NOTHING ELSE.

There are two points that will cook their noodles and crowbar them from what they have been taught: First, you must ask them if anyone has ever seen Jehovah. They will say no. Ask them if Jesus was the physical representative of Jehovah and they will say yes, he was like an "angel". Ask them if Jesus is a mighty god or an Almighty God, they will say only Jehovah is the Almighty. Ask them if Jehovah has ever appeared and spoke to man. They will say of course not. Take them to Genesis 17:1 IN THEIR OWN BIBLES and read for them: "Abram was 99 years old and Jehovah APPEARED TO HIM AND SAID, I AM GOD ALMIGHTY."

The second point is if you get them talking about Catholics, who they will damn to hell and back. It is then you point them to the preface of THEIR bibles and ask them since they are translated from Vaticanus and other CATHOLIC manuscripts the KJV translators rejected, why are they carrying a Catholic Bible?

At this point you bid them a good day and close the door. God gave you the seed to plant, which is the word of God, others will water it, God will make it grow.

I don't allow JWs into my home, but if they are standing in the rain I go outside and stand in it with them. I witnessed to two JW women with an abcessed tooth once, I spoke, spit blood into the sink, returned to talking to them. When speaking with them you must not, again, allow them to have the initiative. I want to talk about Jesus Christ. If they try to steer to world events, the Kingdom, hell, the grave, Catholics, No, I want to talk about Jesus Christ.

Their message is deception, ours is Christ and Him crucified.

grace and peace

Tony Bones