View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post
No.

I'm just saying that we shouldn't assume that all the 'dead' who are being judged are headed for the lake of fire.

The book of life is opened, yes?

It says 'whosoever' wasn't found written in the book of life...which leaves the possibility that some were found in the book of life.

We shouldn't assume that all the 'dead' are 'unrighteous'.

I am willing to listen to Scriptural reasons why you or others might believe that only the unrighteous will face God at the WTJ.

Thanks.
It seems to me there are key words and phrases that put this in context. I'll highlight them.

"...him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them....the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books....And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they [death and hell] were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. [For many, the first death is physical death that occurs before ever receiving Christ. These people will experience the second death.] And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire" (Revelation 20:11-15).

Since death and hell were cast into the lake of fire, we can only conclude that death and hell clearly represent the lost. This is narrow and exact teaching. Death and hell are those who are not found written in the book of life. The ones who stand before Him that sat on the throne, are specifically "death" and "hell". In my understanding, if "the second death" included the saved, God would have made a distinction somewhere in scripture.