View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 12:39 PM

Wow...I am reeling after reading 12 pages of this debate, so after perusing my Bible (a KJV Thompson...sorry...not the real deal either but as close as I got) I thought I would post this...

John 1.5 And the light shineth in the darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

As stated before on this forum, I started out my present walk with a NKJV and after being given a KJV, God led me to leave all other translations (many of them have been on my shelf at one time or another) alone. Whether my KJV is "pure" or not is of no consequence...it is what God has led me to. Let me relay a story that I hope will bring a smile to some faces...

I was watching a movie one night some time ago. I enjoy movies...I just can't watch many of them any more. I detest television and have for years and haven't watched it for years. Anyway, I was watching a movie called "Seabiscuit" and in the beginning narration it is implied that the industrial revolution was a huge factor in the end of our concern for creativity in the USA. As anyone can see, that is a valid observation. One of the things that changed was our reliance on the things that brought us to that point, the KJV Bible inclusive. It is also around this time that the "modern" translations came about. As we were dumbing down our population we had to, naturally, dumb down the Bible. I am not an expert by any stretch on revival, but it also seems revival became scarce at this time. Made me think of all of the uneducated masses throughout the world that came to Christ without any problems using the KJV Bible up until our little age of enlightenment. Interestingly enough, today, we have more Bibles, and less revival. We have more Bibles and more dependence upon the spirituality du jour rather than dependence on the one true living God (Gen 1.1). We have more Bibles and more "let's get rid of God" in this country and then whining about "where is God" when someone drives airplanes into our buildings. We have more Bibles and more "let's get rid of CHRISTianity so we can teach our children about islam" in schools. We have more Bibles and more "let's teach our children all about the wonders of homosexuality" in our schools. We are allegedly "smarter", "more advanced", "more intelligent" than we were then, but can't understand the KJV Bible. We can do calculus but can't add 2+2. So, to justify that, we claim "newer" manuscripts, and more advanced scholarship...and it all turns into a finger pointing contest to see who is closer to God than the other person. My dog's better than your dog. I tell ya folks, satan is insidious.

Last edited by Steve54; 12-20-2008 at 12:57 PM.