View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Pastor Mikie

Default The Famine of Amos 8:11

Amos 8:11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD…

Something we tend to do is put the things of the Bible in the past or in the future. To put them in the present would “put us out on a limb”. Well, I’m going to go out on a limb and suggest Amos 8:11 could be coming to pass in the present. That might sound a little “out-there” because the USA is overflowing with Bibles. I also acknowledge that many people in other parts of the world would love to have their own copy of the Holy Scriptures.

So, it looks like feast or famine in the world today.

So, how can we have a famine like the one mentioned in Amos 8:11? One way is by many people buying modern versions of the Bible that, I believe are produced by the “will of man”. I’m even reading that certain districts of a major denomination is requiring that their ministers preach from newer versions. Some are surrendering their credentials rather than switch. Unfortunately, many are switching. I believe they are giving up accuracy for so-called simplicity for the sake of their congregations. We are being told that children can’t understand the KJB, or we don’t speak that way anymore, or that the KJB in antiquated and full of mistakes. Whatever the excuse is, it is due in large part to laziness.

If the majority of Christians are using modern translations and forsaking their KJB, I can see where this prophecy can come to pass in the present. Those of us who are sticking with the KJB need to be stedfast and firm. It’ll cost us. But, in the end it will be worth it.

Your thoughts ---

Last edited by Pastor Mikie; 02-28-2008 at 01:52 PM.