View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Jerry View Post
Once again: very insightful.

Much appreciated.

If the text has been lost over time (due to human alteration), how does it yet retain its power on those who open their heart and mind and soul to it?

I fight with my OWN mind and understanding everyday; it will do anything to doubt the scriptures, I over come it by submitting to it by faith.

“Help thou my unbelief”

With the Lord’s abundant grace, bringing back to remembrance what the Lord has done for me thus far reinforces me.

A lack of faith naturally leads to this kind of thinking (textual criticism).

I’m not interested in a Bible translated by the unfaithful.
Jerry, I am not contradicting myself, but what better "evidence" could God have given us? He preserved the OT for us and for His people the Jews. The Isaiah scroll of the Dead Sea scrolls proves that. He's preserved the NT, 5000-plus manuscripts of the NT proves that versus 45 for the corrupt Alexandrian. An HONEST scientist /scholar such as Burgon and Hills can determine that and still tell us that it's FAITH we need, becasue FAITH is how we walk. If we found this perfect NT from the 1st century I believe is hidden out there somewhere, they would just declare it a fake. The Catholic Chruch would grab it and hide it away and not let anyone see it, just as they have done with Vaticanus.

Our main job is not to contend over textual criticism. Our job as soldiers for Christ is to spread the gospel. To undermine faith in Satan's most deadly enemy on earth, the Scriptures, Satan's ministers asks the same question he did in Genesis 3: Yea, hath God said? I John 5:7? Did He really say that? Did He really say the last twelve verses of Mark?

Ga 2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles: )

1Th 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

Inspiration, on the thrid level, is GOD working in us. Gal. 2:8 defines that what works effectually in us in I Thes. 2:13 is not of OUR efforts, but Gods effort.

How do I know the KJV is the word of God? It works effectually in me.

Grace and peace

Tony