View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 10:15 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
I have only posted here a couple of times but I have enjoyed reading the various threads for several months now. Everyone here adds an interesting perspective to the discussions and I have learned much from your posts. Please be assured that I am 100% KJV only. I do not even allow any of the modern versions in my home. I have no ulterior motive, I am simply sharing my opinion and asking a question.

I realize that I am taking my life in my hands saying this but I am going to post this anyway. I promise you that my intention is not to upset or antagonize anyone. Please forgive me if I do.

I am just amazed at the support and defense of Peter Ruckman amongst you folks. At first I honestly thought you were joking! I have never met Ruckman but I have read much of what he has written and I have listened to his sermons and teaching. He is so silly, bombastic and caustic in much of what he says and writes that I have always thought he must be a nut. I am not kidding. He often rants like a lunatic and he sometimes borders on being outright vulgar. Are you aware of his multiple marriages & divorces? Are you aware of his attempts to justify his multiple marriages & divorces?

Much of what he says is correct. He's obviously an intelligent man but some of what he says is just plain stange and makes me wonder about his mental state. I have read things that he has written in response to rational (though often horribly misguided re: Bible translations) people that sound like the rantings of a ill mannered two year old. Do you really believe that someone who behaves themself like Peter Ruckman and shows such an obviously flippant attitude toward the marriage covenant (between himself and God) is the best person to use as a source for any argument, particularly in the defense of God's Word? I do not understand.

I have always believed that Peter Ruckman and Gail Riplinger have done so much more harm than good to the arguments in defense of the KJV. They have always seemed to me like the drunk uncle at the family Thanksgiving dinner that will not allow you to ignore them.

Could someone please explain to me what it is that prompts such a loyalty among so many of you guys to Peter Ruckman?
I have known him for 25 years, and he is one of the kindest men I have ever met. He was always willing to forgive my foolishness, overlook my inconsistencies, and, on more than one occasion, provided practical help to my family out of his own pocket.

And he taught me the Bible.

His marital relations are none of your business or mine.

If you're looking for another Ruckman-basher, you'll have to look past me.