View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Jassy, I have to disagree with you here, not by opinion, but by mandate. Hebrews 10:25 says, "Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." The assembling is the church. The numbers are not required, and neither is complete agreement. Consider the third letter of John. There was a church with an obviously ungodly influential member (possibly even an elder), Diotrephes. Yet John did not encourage Gaius to separate from the church, though correction of the problem was needed and planned.

Yes, it is important to stand strong on your convictions, and not associate with those who reject them, but to avoid church altogether is not spiritually healthy. If no church in your area can meet with enough of your doctrine to be suitable, then move or start a church with like-minded believers.
I have to say I agree with you, Brother Tim. I used to think I was supposed to stay away from church altogether, and for a while, I did. Then, when I started back, I was so happy to be around other believers. It really DOES do a body good to be physically around other church members. Plus, who knows? Jesus might/probably does have a special work for me to do, in the church proper.