View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 02:53 AM

Just to make it clear Salvation is of God and many scriptures attest to this fact.
Ps 3:8 Salvation [belongeth] unto the LORD: thy blessing [is] upon thy people. Selah.
Ps 62:1 ¶ <<To the chief Musician, to Jeduthun, A Psalm of David.>> Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him [cometh] my salvation.
Ps 65:5 [By] terrible things in righteousness wilt thou answer us, O God of our salvation; [who art] the confidence of all the ends of the earth, and of them that are afar off [upon] the sea:
Ps 68:19 Blessed [be] the Lord, [who] daily loadeth us [with benefits, even] the God of our salvation. Selah.
Ps 96:2 Sing unto the LORD, bless his name; shew forth his salvation from day to day.
Ps 98:2 The LORD hath made known his salvation: his righteousness hath he openly shewed in the sight of the heathen.
Ps 119:41 ¶ VAU. Let thy mercies come also unto me, O LORD, [even] thy salvation, according to thy word.
Ps 119:81 ¶ CAPH. My soul fainteth for thy salvation: [but] I hope in thy word.
Ps 119:123 ¶ Mine eyes fail for thy salvation, and for the word of thy righteousness.
Lu 3:6 And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.
Ac 28:28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and [that] they will hear it.

Faith is in God for salvation no matter which dispensation.

Just for today God offers his grace through the work of Christ on the cross if we believe we receive his grace and salvation is our free and clear.

OT the Jews if they had faith in God's word did the sacrifices of the law and received God grace. if they believed and did not the sacrifices no grace was given. so their faith had to have the works of the Law added to it.

today we do not need works, for the work of the law was fulfilled in Christ and all one needs is faith to receive the free gift of Salvation