View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPeak View Post
Here is an article I posted on my blog. I thought it might be do some good here.

[I]During my research into bible translations, I came across the Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy. It is an evangelical declaration of the doctrines that Christians hold concerning biblical inerrancy. For the record, inerrancy is defined as being exempt from error.

Article X of the Chicago Statement affirms that inspiration applies only to the original autographs and the following exposition states, “God has nowhere promised an inerrant transmission of Scripture,” and that “…no translation is or can be perfect …”
How utterly SHAMEFUL for some so-called "wise scholars" to make a Statement on Biblical Inerrancy - which actually throws down and stomps the Word of God underfoot as IMPERFECT!!!

How DARE they!!!

First of all, the Word of God is TRUE and INSPIRED:

2 Peter 1:21 - "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."

Secondly, the Word of God is PURE and TRIED:

Psalm 12:6 - "The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times."

Thirdly, the Word of God is PRESERVED:

Psalm 12:7 - "Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever."

We HAVE it and we are so BLESSED to have it! The KJV is preserved perfectly. It isn't only the "original autographs" or manuscripts that are perfect, but the KJV has actually been spiritually inspired, translated, protected, and preserved.

We must believe that our LORD God is powerful enough, and perfectly capable of doing, just as His Word promises.

Fourthly, remember:

Matthew 24:35 - "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away."

Compare that with other translations, by their use of the Alexandrian texts, an impure source, they have: done away with, changed, added to, and taken away from, the TRUE Word of God. God blessed the source of the Antiochian original autographs!

The LORD GOD that I worship is capable of doing what He promised.

Last edited by Jassy; 05-24-2009 at 11:15 PM.