View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandi View Post
Ephesians 6:1-3 for starters (quoting Exodus 20 and Deut. 5). So this one was not "nailed to the Cross" and declared obsolete.....nor were any of the others that Paul elaborates on in his epistles, such as admonitions against lying, stealing, murder, covetousness, idolatry, adultery, etc. (see Ephesians 4, 5; Gal. 5; Col. 3). The commandments of God are reiterated throughout the epistles (as well as in the Gospels and Acts). Sabbaths and holy days ARE (not were) a shadow (type) of things to come (Col. 2:16).

Keeping Torah is simply keeping the wise instructions/precepts of God. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for....instruction in righteousness. (2 Tim. 3:16).

Tandi
Zec 2:6 Ho, ho, come forth, and flee from the land of the north, saith the LORD: for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, saith the LORD.
1Jo 3:20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

I just demonstrated from Scripture the Deity and Omniscience of Santa Clause to you. I mean, "he knows when you've been sleeping, he knows when you're awake, he knows if you've been bad or good..."

Tandi, your dissertation here has the same validity, Scripturally, as the above statement. I say that with kindness and charity.

Ephesians 6:1 ¶ Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:
2 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
3 ¶ I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,

Where in Deut. 5 and Exodus 20 are you referring to? I see no reference to either of these two books anywhere in the above passage of Ephesians.

A very well learned and bold preacher, knowing only the baptism of John, was mighty in the Scriptures. He was mighty wrong too. As with Apollos, let me show you a more perfect way:

Ro 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
Ga 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
Ga 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Ga 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Ga 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

I think you are trying to separate the first 10 commandments of over 630 from the rest, as all good Seventh Day Adventists do. I think you are trying by your own statements that these things are so just because you say they are so, the same as my pseudo-teaching on Santa. You want to see me start a theology and a church based on Santa Claus? On the internet alone I could reap millions and have thousands of converts teaching false doctrine of the First Church Of Santa Claus., as you have been indoctrinated in. I don't know who indoctrinated you, someone else or yourself, but what you are trying to do is take a bible, tear off the covers, and wad the pages into a ball and swallow it all at once, and you will choke.

You can't "...keep Torah". Neither did Moses, David, Monk, Brandon, me, any of us but ONE kept it. Concerning the law, James is an authority:

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

I think you need to reread Romans 6, you have no understanding of Law and Grace and are, I think trying to force them together in the manner the existentialist does with the Absolute Singularity, that all atoms are common and there is no distinctions in matter, energy, in this case, in spiritual things.

The purpose of the law, including the "ten commandments" are the following:

Ga 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Ga 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

We sin yes, I sin, every time I shave according to the law. But though I sin it does not have dominion over me:

Ro 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
Ro 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Tandi, I think you are no better off in your present condition that when you were into Catholicism. They are Judaisers and indeed claim the priesthood of the OT and the church of God, they teach another gospel, as you teach here. I think you should re-evaluate your theology in light os these words:

2Co 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
Ga 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

Romans 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

Israel could not do it, are you going to convince me you have?

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Your insistence on keeping the "ten" merely illustrates you are not saved by grace through faith but:

Ro 10:3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
Ro 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

I think the first place you need to stop and understand is Romans, which was written to the Jewish church in Rome. There is not a verse of Scripture in the KJV, any Greek or Hebrew text, any version, anywhere at any time that supports the first ten commandments of over 630 being separated from the rest. Romans 13:8-9 shows Paul giving the commandments, in verse 8 he gives WHY he gives these of verse 9 and tell me, answer this question, why does he leave out the Sabbath? And you need to answer to yourself, not me or anyone except for God, why you try to wrest, to your own spiritual destruction, Colossians 2:16?

Now, have I become your enemy because I've told you the truth? Is there any member of this forum can come forth and and testify anything I have told you here is error? I don't think you re going to find many adherents here Tandi. In your long reply to me you deny the doctrine of right division with NO Scriptural proof, and when I can get the time and feeling back in my shattered hand to type, I am going to demonstrate that you are wrong in your denial. This message to you overrides that one at the moment.

Grace and peace to you. Believing the KJV is the word of God in English is not the gospel, that is not enough. The gospel of the ten commandments will throw you in hell as fast as the JWs, the gospel of Santa, or Catholicism, because hell will be wallpapered with those who wrongly divided the right Scriptures.

Tony