View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 09:48 AM

KJBP...does the freeby include a "Tall, non-fat, lite foam, latte"?

If so, count me in. If not, I'll just drink my "Gevalia" Traditional Blend. You get this particular coffee online @ about $11 a pound. Kind of pricey, but worth it. It's got that robust flavor that I like, yet has the smooth blend my wife prefers. (JaeBryd, my wife also loathes the bitter, burnt taste of Starbucks.)

We own a "Bunn" coffee maker that continually keeps a hot reservoir of water. The benefit of this is two-fold.
  1. When you pour in, say eight cups, you instantly get eight cups of hot water in return.
  2. The coffee is, smooth not bitter, because the design of the coffee maker allows the water to flow through the grinds quickly (about three to four minutes) to make a full pot. This way, the water does not sit and soak in the grinds, resulting in a somewhat "bitter" taste, but flows through them creating a smooth, clean, fresh, hot cup of coffee!

The Bunn brewer is about $100, but if you are a serious coffee drinker, it's well worth it. It is well made, so it lasts. On a side note. I received a surprise gift from a dear brother in Christ the other day, a special blend of "Kona" coffee. Yum! "Delight thyself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."