View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 07:52 PM

Default Re; "Rightly Dividing The Book of Acts"

Brother Winman said:
Quote:
"Bro George

We will have to agree to disagree. I do see that Jesus told some Jews of his death, burial and resurrection.
"

Aloha brother Winman,

The Lord Jesus Christ "SPOKE" of His death burial and resurrection on several occasions - always with His Disciples
or in private.

You quoted several verses, supposedly in "opposition" to what I said. We will now examine those verses to see if they are truly "contradict" my words:
Quote:
John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
I searched the entire Chapter 3 of the Gospel of John and could not find the word "RESURRECTION" IN IT! Part of the "Gospel" is MISSING!

I never said that the Lord didn't "reveal" to some of His Disciples His death, burial, and resurrection. I specifically said: "
He {The Lord Jesus Christ} DID NOTpreach” His death, burial, and resurrection to the nation of Israel"!

Nicodemus came to Jesus "by night" - this NOT the SAME as the Lord Jesus Christ "preaching" to the nation of Israel about His death, burial, and resurrection!

John 3:1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

And now on to your other verses:
Quote:
John 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.
34 The people answered him, We have heard out of the law that Christ abideth for ever: and how sayest thou, The Son of man must be lifted up? who is this Son of man?

John 8:28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
The fact that the Lord spoke these words does NOT "MEAN" that He "preached" His death. burial, and resurrection (i.e. Paul's "Gospel") to the nation of Israel! Can you NOT SEE - that when the Lord spoke these words - NO ONE (that heard the words) understood WHAT he was talking about?

And not only that - NONE OF THE VERSES YOU CITED SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THE LORD JESUS CHRIST'S "RESURRECTION", they only signified what kind of "death he should die". That's NOT much of a "gospel" - WITHOUT THE "RESURRECTION"! It surely isn't "the 'Gospel' of the Grace of God"!

The verses that you cited DO NOT PROVE that the Lord Jesus Christ "preached" about His death, burial, and resurrection to the nation of Israel; on the contrary, they PROVE (along with verses that I cited before) what I claimed in Post #65:

George's quote - Post #65
Quote:
"{He came to the nation of Israel as their Messiah and King; (NOT their CRUCIFIED SAVIOUR!) and He presented Himself as such (He DID NOT “preach” His death, burial, and resurrection to the nation of Israel!). It wasn’t until He was about to be crucified that He revealed His betrayal, death, and crucifixion to His disciples – who refused to believe Him, even after He told them!}"
This is the "problem" I am having with you brother. I was very specific in the use of my words - i.e. I said: "He DID NOT “preach” His death, burial, and resurrection to the nation of Israel!" And you run off to three places in the Scriptures (where the Lord is clearly NOT "preaching" His death, burial, and resurrection TO the nation of Israel) and try to make those verses "MEAN" something other than WHAT they "SAY"! You can not possibly equate any of those verses with "preaching" to the nation of Israel the death, burial, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ!

I repeat: The Lord Jesus Christ NEVER PREACHED TO THE NATION OF ISRAEL HIS DEATH, BURIAL, AND RESURRECTION. {That is Paul's "Gospel" - "the Gospel of the Grace of God" - NOT "the Gospel of the Kingdom of God"}

With the verses you cited - You have FAILED TO DISPROVE what I so clearly stated. Instead, I am afraid that you have (in desperation to "prove" your point) USED the Scriptures to support a personal belief, (in spite of what the "words" actually said) instead of having SEARCHED the Scriptures for the "TRUTH"; the whole "TRUTH"; and nothing but the "TRUTH".

2 Corinthians 2:17 For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

2 Corinthians 4:1 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;
2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.