Thread: JW's and Hell
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 08:24 AM

Default I have great confidence now that I can be used to help.

Yes Kiwi this was very helpful to me. I am reminded of a study concerning the sanctity of Hell. Hell glorifies the power of God. I further realized how the Christians are given the gift of heaven with incorruptible bodies, those without Christ will never be able to not sin. God is sickened by this and the punishment for being an eternal sinner is an eternal Hell.
This book you reference “Let God be True” I am thinking is a book used by JW’s?
Thank you for the link. The Trinity information was great.
Aloha George,
Our church just had a tropical theme for the sweetheart banquet. I got to use the word aloha quite often that night without being looked at as a nut here in Michigan with snow everywhere. Thank you so much for the info. I am going to take the time and reference each verse in order thru my Bible. I want them to be free from that bondage they are so locked in. They don’t see it at all most times. They come in my house and basically blaspheme God and His deity and I have not found a way to have much success with them. I lasted the entire course with one man and on each topic he brought up I would show him in scripture a logical rebuke to his dogma he would tell me the Bible was not written correctly because it actually means this. The topic of souls was a little down the road when he revealed that there is no record of our souls in heaven after we die. I showed him in Rev. Where the souls of the martyrs cried for justice. He never answered me and although he never returned I still pray that may have been a seed that would sprout. I will make it thru the points with them. I should not be defensive with them. I wait, hear what they say, and let it affect me sooner or later. I like a good offense anyway, and this should clear the room of any doubts concerning who the Creator, Savoir, First and Last, who we will confess to, share Gods glory, and who is equal to God? Great stuff. And aloha again.
MC1171611, Authority has always been the issue I have had with them as well. I spoke with my dad last night a little and he shared with me this presentation. He cordially answered the door and he invited them in to ask them a couple things. He went on to ask them about their hope. He wanted to know,” what would be required to be able to, you know, have another life or go to heaven”. The man went on to say that you must do this, and that, and be good, and this. Then asked the man if, what if I got sick, in the hospital, while medicated did some things not good? What happens then? He said that you would not make it. My dad then smiled and told him, “I got a better hope than that, can I show you the hope that is better than the hope you have now?” I thought that was a good start into the truth of scripture without the debate of scripture even coming up.
Thank you Guys for your input and help on this. I will be better equipped for the next opportunity.