View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 06:46 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I was recently sent an email by a friend warning me of the dangers of Peter Ruckman. This one was new though. It wasn't about aliens or anything.

He said that my old pastor had discovered that Peter Ruckman denied that abortion was a sin, and that he actually advocated abortion. He gave no reference or anything, so I was very skeptical (I know Ruckman teaches that a baby becomes a living soul when it takes his first breathe, I disagree, but I don't think that promotes abortion...).

I found only one place online that even claims this (no references again) and it's that stupid petersruckman.com site, which is just page after page of accusations with no evidence of witnesses.

Is anyone familiar with this accusation?
Ruckman does not advocate abortion. He does teach the breath/soul thing, but that's a very technical matter.

If your friend says that your old pastor said that Ruckman says something, you're getting second or third hand information, at best; at worst, you're in danger of receiving an accusation against an elder (1 Tim. 5:19). But I can tell that you haven't really "received" it. You're smarter than a lot of people who hear this stuff.

The website you referenced also accuses Ruckman of being a draft-dodger and a pedophile. Nice people!