View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 08:36 AM

Brother Luke,

I had no idea you were a teacher, which subjects, might I ask?
I'm not sure you need to leave the school over this matter.
I think that Bro. Parrish's idea of perhaps taking over or contributing to chapel will bear much fruit, and if persecution comes for the sake of the Truth, then you will have ought to rejoice. Perhaps you are in that environment in order to make a difference.
If all Christians just did home-schooling, go to and from Church and worked in Christian-only environments, we wouldn't be much help to this world. We look after our own in order to go to the world with the Gospel.

I too work in a 100% secular workplace, and it really gets to me at times, like I'm not making any difference here, none of these guys are interested in the Truth, moreover they laugh at it, blashpheme, or mock and shun me.
Yet I am here, perhaps to be the only light to these guys. Most days, I find this place saps the spiritual energy right out of me, but I must not give up, for we can be constantly renewed by the Holy Spirit, if we submit to it.

I remember the last 'sermon' I heard from a woman, and it too was laughable.
Something about how our rebirth through baptism is like a woman giving birth: it was really wishy-washy and feminist to say the least.