View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
You know.. local church colleges with no 501c3 status or other government accreditation doesn't mean that they are diploma mills.

People work hard for those degrees, regardless of whether or not they COST $100 or $10,000.

You can't put a price on the study of God's word. And just because someone went to a great college doesn't make them a good student of the word.
Paul said he became all things to all men. His status as a Pharisee allowed him access to the synagogues, his status as a Roman citizen also allowed him a get out of jail free card for the jail at Philippi. Paul was certainly one of the most well educated men of his time. I know Dr. Ruckman's school is by no means a diploma mill, you have to move to Pensacola, find a job and a place to live as they have no dormitories and it's at least 2 years of rock hard Bible study. My buddy Pastor Jordan has for the last 25 years had what his church calls Grace School Of The Bible. It's straight bible study where he teaches through video. He issues no degrees but I think you have the option to be ordained. It's like 100, 200 bucks or something, most of that is just shipping for the videos.

I dont begrudge a man a degree, we have to keep it in perspective that God is not a respector of persons. OIf that degree is used to open doors of opportunity then all the better.

Grace and peace Luke

Tony