View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 01:28 PM

Fundy, Amen....I'm certainly not standing in judgment of anyone, but I do know the Bible says:

Quote:
1Jo 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
1Jo 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
1Jo 2:17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Bringing up the topic of fashion within CCM is another matter. I am 44 years old, and when I was in school, you never saw a boy, or any man for that matter, wearing an earring. I am from a small school, nonetheless I never saw such a thing at school or anywhere else back then. I went off to college, and still never saw it...but at college I was introduced to something we never had back home--cable tv, and my roommates would turn on the mtv--and if I thought the people on there looked freaky back then, I can only imagine what it is now [I really don't know how freaky they may or may not be now], anyhow that was the first time I saw men wearing earrings....But now its "acceptable" and it is almost the norm for most CCM groups, but where did it come from?? I know there were earrings mentioned in the OT, but when they were mentioned they were pulling them out [a revival!!] for an offering [or worse, to make a golden calf]....I've heard it said, if we're going to win the world we have to sing the world's music, we have to dress like the world....where is that at in the Bible?? The scriptures above destroy that logic....The point is, all the fashion, the music, where did it come from??--if mtv and "modern culture" are the answer, how can we accept something that is not only worldly [the Bible says as above, love not the world....], but satanic in many forms....I agree with you, the hymns are Bible based, Holy Spirit inspired, but, much like the Word itself, we can allow the familiarity with the old hymns cause our hearts to become calloused to them until we think we need something new. Of course, this is just my opinion, but I always hearken back to:

Quote:
Mt 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mt 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mt 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
God bless