View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 06:19 PM

Jerry, I agree with what you said and add AMEN! Revangelist, no appology necessary, we all have our moments. I enjoy reading all these threads and they certainly make you think about the Word, which is healthy. I have so many things the Lord has put on my heart about the "Mega church" and music, but one illustration in particular involved my cousin and her husband, who were married for 15 years and had 4 wonderful children, and they got "bored" with their "Old Fashioned" church [consequently where the KJV was being taught], and wanted to try a new contemporary Church. Well, they started going and voila, they "absolutely loved the music". That was the line I heard over and over. Never said anything about the preacher [of course you could probably go 6 weeks to that Church and never hear the same "preacher" twice], never heard anything about the Word they were learning, just the music. My family and I were called to Terre Haute, IN for a couple of years and I lost track, but I wasn't surprised when my Aunt called me and said to pray for my cousin--her and her husband had gotten a divorce, and as far as I know, never missed any Church ....There is something wrong with that!! I just fear satan, whom someone mentioned the verse earlier [Ezekiel 28:13], with his musical ability is trying to numb the minds of would be Christians and Christians alike with music, and they are becoming numb to the real healer and strengthener--the Word....By the way, there is a happy ending to this story that just happened---God does answer prayers [as we all know], just 2 days ago, I spoke with my Aunt and 10 years later, my cousin and her ex husband remarried [I know that sounds like a fairy tale, but the Lord is my witness!!] [I'm going to tell them NOT to go back to that same Church!! God Bless