View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Revangelist

Scott, sorry about how I came across. I guess I was just stating a fact. I like to read history. I like to study church history. But, I'm not what would be considered an historian. So, I guess I didn't fully understand and responded rather dispassionately. Sorry abou that.

The church I go to does all styles of music, Hymns, worship choruses, a little of this and a little of that. Some songs I like, some I don't. But I guess that's true of anyone.

I like variety. I've been in Baptist Churches, and Pentecostal Churches and see something that is a little bothersome to me in most I've attended. But then, the church is filled with people. Without people, there wouldn't be a church. I was wondering if the Lord looks at us in a similar manner as I would look at my grandchildren. I see them get into arguments about things and have to chuckle to myself. They get all upset about things that really don't matter.

I saw a CCM magazine once and couldn't bring myself to pick it up and look at it. The picture on the front looked like a "Cosmopolitan" magazine and I walked away as quickly as I could. As far as CCM as a style of music, some of it is "plastic" sounding. Some is very provocative. Meaning, It compels me to want to worship God. Music seems to be a tremendous tool.

Anyway, I said all that really to apologize for sounding accusatory. I didn't mean to.