View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 11:30 PM

Default Second Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 Forrest, The Writer is not telling us that Moses was suffering for telling the people about the death, burial and resurrection of Christ. rather he is saying that the same kind of reproaches had fell on Christ fell on Moses for doing right. Dr Peter Ruckman.

Not always are the rewards of doing right felt at the time we do them. sometime we suffer reproach for it. Moses just felt that reporaches was a good reward for doing right.
I really am interested in your view on this Chette. I thought perhaps you missed my earlier post #53 so here it is with some additional thoughts.

Hebrews 11.

24 By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;
25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;
26 Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.
27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.

Moses endured seeing who? Who was "him who is invisible". I thought since the writer of Hebrews under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit specifically chose the name Christ in verse 26, that the words "him who is invisible" must refer to Christ. If not, who did Moses suffer and endure for?

Quote:
Chette wrote: The Writer is not telling us that Moses was suffering for telling the people about the death, burial and resurrection of Christ.
I certainly agree with your statement above. I'm just pointing out that by "divine revelation" Moses must have known Christ, not fully as we do of course, but they knew Him as the coming promise of salvation. Like King David in Psalm 110:1. And like all of the prophets of God. Do you agree?