View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 09:45 PM
tandy1650

Default My Final Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Aloha Tandy1650,

Thank you for answering my questions.

If you would please, I respectfully have another question for you - are you a "Calvinist"?

I want to understand you correctly (and I don't want to misrepresent you) Do you believe that ALL of the Old Testament saints believed the "Gospel"? - i.e.:
When a child is saved, what "sins" does he have to "repent" of?

And when an adult is saved - what happens if doesn't "repent" of ALL of his sins (especially those he isn't aware of?)

I refuse to go over and over the same ground with a new member to the Forum.
I hope that you will read the Links that I posted, at least you will see why I strongly disagree with you on both points.

In addition - I really don't care what "the historic and commonly accepted definition" of a doctrinal issue was/is (the Reformers had a lot of their "doctrines" WRONG - I have listed many of their "false doctrines" elsewhere) - I want to know: "What saith the Scripture?"

And again, I'm not interested in what Harold Sightler; D.L. Moody; Charles Haddon Spurgeon; Curtis Hudson or Steve Anderson have to say about this issue - I want to know: "What saith the Scripture?"

The commentators do not determine how to "rightly divide the word of truth"; the Holy Spirit does. I have had my fill of Bible "Commentators", and after 50 years I only want to know one thing - What does God have to say about an issue, i.e. "What saith the Scripture?"
The gospel of the kingdom was the good news given to the nation of Israel. They rejected it. The Lord changed the commission after the crucifixion and that commission was given for world evangelism. I'm very tired of hearing dry cleaners dismiss our Lord's command by explaining it away with their pet dispensational systems. I felt it had to be addressed and have done so.

No child will be saved unless the Holy Spirit convicts him of the fact that he has broken God's law and that includes adults. A man that is under conviction will see himself as a sinner guilty before God and in need of salvation. There will be a desire to forsake the sin and turn to God.

I know you don't care about the men I mentioned because they would strongly rebuke you for wrongly dividing the word of God. Since coming to this forum I find that a large percentage of posters are nothing more than little followers of Dr. Ruckman. I hope that is not the case with you. As the title says, this is my last post. I really don't harbor any ill will toward you and will say as a final goodby. May God bless you.