View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post

Our "WORKS" have absolutely NOTHING to do with our SALVATION? The Lord Jesus Christ did it ALL - ALL to Him I owe.

DEAR GEORGIE: I NEVER said we could earn our SALVATION. I did quote the bible, which is Jesus, the Word of God, and say our works will be judged, and, as the good book says, based on our works, we will get into "trouble or get rewards"

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Right, salvation itself is not through anyone but Jesus.
AFTER salvation, are we supposed to ignore the poor, the needy, etc.?

No, we are not: 14: What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
15: If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
16: And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
17: Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

No matter how you look at it, George, we DO have Godly works to do, after salvation. Unless, of course, we are saved a few seconds before we die.
(well,even there, you can speak Godly praise) AND, here's another exhortation to do good works after we are saved:
15: By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
16: But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

Another verse or 2: 24: Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
25: Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
26: For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
If you believe you have been saved, but you have no desire to show charity, brotherly kindness, visit and comfort widows and orphans, help where you can help, well, your faith is without works, and you are still spiritually dead. according to the Word of God.
(I don't agree with Calvinism,btw)

Here are my answers to some things you said:

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, AS a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
{This is NOT speaking about Christ’s “SHEEP”! Do you see the word “AS”?
It looks to me like the as is applied to SHEPHERD.
The Lord is using a “simile” to explain what is going to take place (the judgment of the NATIONS) immediately after He returns to the earth, at the beginning of His Millennial reign. On the one hand (the right), The Lord Jesus Christ is explaining that those NATIONS (the sheep)
Why does Jesus call us his sheep, and call himself the Good Shepherd, in your opinion?
who treated the Jews kindly and helped and supported them,
Oops! Looks like a work, there, Georgie.

will get to live and go into His Kingdom. While on the other hand (the left) those NATIONS (the goats) who neglected or refused to help or assist the Jews, or those NATIONS who actively opposed them are going to be sent into “everlasting fire & punishment”.

Everlasting fire and punishment, is that the same place as the fire and brimstone spoken of here, reserved for people(singlular, souls, people not nations) 9: And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10: The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Read the verses (in CONTEXT) – these verses are NOT talking about the “atonement”, or New Testament salvation, or Christ’s “SHEEP”. These are in reference to THE JUDGMENT OF THE NATIONS,
Not talking about Christ's sheep? Oh, you mean the people, not the nations of people. Right? Sheep in one place of the bible means people, sheep in another place means nations, which is a group of people, as a whole, not single people, who will inherit his Kingdom, right? So, sheep, even though it means nations, does not mean people who will be in His Kingdom?

which will take place immediately after the end of the Great Tribulation. This is NOT THE “Judgment Seat of Christ” (for Christians),
Yes, I know this. Looks like the Judgement Seat of Christ will judge us by whatever WORKS of ours remain:
12: Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13: Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14: If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15: If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Where in the bible does Jesus Christ tell us there are separate places of eternal torment? I could not extrapolate that from the Scriptures.
I seem to get that inference from you, that there are different places in eternity that deal with tormenting.
and NEITHER is it the “Great White Throne” Judgment (for the “dead”);
The GWT Judgement, here's a great page of answers for you:
http://www.gotquestions.org/great-wh...-judgment.html

Whichever view one holds of the great white throne judgment, it is important to never lose sight of the facts concerning the coming judgment(s). First, Jesus Christ will be the judge, all unbelievers will be judged by Christ, and they will be punished according to the works they have done. The Bible is very clear that unbelievers are storing up wrath against themselves (Romans 2:5) and that God will “give to each person according to what he has done” (Romans 2:6). Believers will also be judged by Christ, but since Christ’s righteousness has been imputed to us and our names are written in the book of life, we will be rewarded, but not punished, according to our deeds. Romans 14:10-12 says that we will all stand before the judgment seat of Christ and that each one of us will give an account to God.
this is “The Judgment of the Nations”! This is “rightly dividing the word of truth” -101! Couldn’t Calvin READ? Can his “followers” READ?
Are you being rude, here, Georgie? I'm betting Calvin and most of his followers had a rudimentary understanding of words and reading.

Please don't yell.