View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 03:57 AM

Quote:
The Bible shows that Bible promises may appear to contradict science and reason.
Actually, the Bible is reasonable. To believe it and the proper view of it would be in accordance to the logic of faith.

"And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith." (2 Thess. 3:2).

Faith and reason go together. It is only since the French Revolution that there has been a popularisation of the false view that faith and reason are separate and/or opposites.

Quote:
The Christian life has to be a walk in faith in God’s promises not in feelings. The devil and the flesh can give you all kinds of feelings.
Amen.

Quote:
We do not have to answer every question but to believe what God says.
While we should avoid the evil questionings, we should not avoid giving a proper answer (or studying so that we may give a proper answer).

On one hand, "Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do." (1 Tim. 1:4). "But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain." (Titus 3:9).

On the other hand, "Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man." (Col. 4:6). "And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren, that ye also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another." (Rom. 15:14). "For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding" (Col. 1:9).