View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biblestudent View Post
I was curious at the question.
At first, my answer to the question is, "No, we can't find a perfect Greek text (the original) today."
After reading your post, my answer is, "Yes, the Bible can guide us to the perfect Greek text (the original) penned years ago, but not available today. The inspired Word of God is now preserved in the KJV."
I believe these presuppositions guide us Biblically to the exact copy of the original words in the Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic. These are the the Words directly under the KJV by perfect providential preservation.

I do not hold to the view that the English corrects or perfects the Greek for the simple reason that God only promises to preserve His Words in the language they were written in (Matt 5:18). For me to go further than this would be to add an interpretation that my Biblical presuppositions do not take me to. That is why all the major Confessions of Faith refer to the original languages.

However, in reality we both end up in the same point with a perfect text that we can hold in our hand and say is the exact Words of God without mistake.