View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 05:09 PM

Hi Folks,

I will say that it is more than a bit of a turn-off to see unlikely threads with unnecessary acrimony titles on this forum.

As I remember, the first King James Bible book I read was from a Pentecostal, Daniel Segraves 'The Search for the Word of God, in Defense of the King James Bible'. The second was from the Baptist William Grady, 'Final Authority'. Each one was excellent in its own way, Segraves really touched on the paradigmic issues nicely (e.g. how unbelievers brought inapplicable textual principles from secular works like Chaucer and Shakespeare into the Bible textual field, for Bible reconstruction) while Grady put out a superb in-depth book covering tons of issues.

Now their doctrines on some issues may be miles apart (and Segraves today may be a little mushy in his Bible views, too accepting of any TR-based text) however I point that out at least to show that the King James Bible purity and perfection is sensed and realized in wide swaths of what is usually considered todays Christian world. Nobody has a monopoly on this truth.

A nice guideline is:

Colossians 4:5-6
Walk in wisdom toward them that are without,
redeeming the time.
Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt,
that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

Shalom,
Steven Avery

PS.
As an aside, there are many who are sympathetic doctrinally to 'speaking in tongues' who view the modern charismatic emphasis on 'slain in the spirit' as offbase. However this is a minor counterpoint mention, the key sharing is above.

Last edited by Steven Avery; 06-15-2008 at 05:22 PM.