View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julianus View Post
we don't see that happening. What happens next is that instead of causing (inflated) preachers to repent and seek unction in prayer, they resort to 'worldy' mass media propaganda to lure people into their fold with empty promises of false hope & comfort. The Holy Spirit hasn't drawn these people in - it was the entertainment!

We just trust that the man in the pulpit has the right plan/vision and answers!

So wrong!
I was at a church that was using entertainment. sheep to the slaughter. they hosted Fireproof,did the 40 days of love,purpose driven life and now Romans bible study by Rick warren, also had the worship team,music, now the NIV One year bible.
The preacher stood up and said he would use any means necessary to bring people into the church,i guess bringing in this entertainment justifies there means.
Not to be judgemental,but it makes for an easy sermon and the preacher doesn't have to spend alot of time.
We have instant microwaveble meals,now we have instant microwaveble sermons.
The preacher hinted to me to switch my KJ to there versions, and said that scholars smarter than you or I wrote them.

What happened to the sufficiency of Gods Word?? Now it takes guitar hero and play money to get kids interested in church. When you don't get the Bible then you end up filling your life with books,I did,they went in the trash 2 weeks ago. Gods word (King James Bible)is the only foundation i need.

The congregation gets what they want,so did i, I left.
Good post.