View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 07:35 PM
wwjd.usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
That sounds like a catholic mass, where they used the Eucharist, the belief that the consecrated wafer and wine are miraculously changed into the actual body and blood of Jesus in a process they call transubstantiation.

1413. By the consecration the transubstantiation of the bread and wine into the Body and Blood of Christ is brought about. Under the consecrated species of bread and wine Christ himself, living and glorious, is present in a true, real, and substantial manner: his Body and his Blood, with his soul and his divinity [cf. Council of Trent: DS 1640; 1651.].--" Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC); (C) 1994/1997 United States Catholic Conference, Inc.
You know, I was listening to a testimony of a Christian, who was from the former Soviet Union. That Christian says that he was arrested at a church service when there was a Communion. The church used wine instead of grape juice. When the KGB (the secret police) asked him what was in the communion cup, he said that there was the blood of Jesus. The KGB did not believe him, but he was convincing that there was actually the blood of Jesus in the cup. So the KGB took the cup and tested the liquid. The tests showed that the liquid inside the cup was blood.

This is not concerning the topic. When I was visiting the West coast, I met people from the former Soviet Union, and this is what they told about themselves. They were going to a church service that was located in a secret place. This was durring the Soviet Union. On the way, a policeman stopped the car and wanted to give them a ticket for placing too much people in a car. The policemen counted how many people there were in the car, and he counted sixteen people. All of the people there begged the policeman not to give a ticket. The policeman said "If there would be one more person in the car, then I would not give you a ticket." That Christian family opened the trunk, and there came out a person from the trunk. As the result, that family did not receive a ticket from the policeman. I thought that this story is hillarious and this is why I said this story.