View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 01:14 PM

Ray's method comes about from failing to rightly divide.

His motto, WDJD, is a play on WWJD, but stands for What Did Jesus Do.

So instead of looking to the pauline epistles to see what needs to be done during this age, he looks to the gospels. Mainly John, which doesn't even mention repentance, but then he has a major focus on matthew as well.

While I admit that I have been neglecting personal soul winning because of struggles in my life (which is no excuse), I have in the past used both Romans Road method and Ray's method.

Each of them seem to be aiming for the same thing. A decision for Christ. The only difference I see is that Ray's method adds the words "Repent from your sins (confess them)" to the prayer at the end.

When I get back out on the streets, I pray that the Holy Spirit will guide me, with just the Bible.

Ironside defines repentance like this, and I agree : Repentance is the sinner's recognition of and acknowledgment of his lost estate and, thus, of his need of grace. Repentance is the recognition of my sinnership -- the owning before God that I am as vile as He has declared me to be in His holy Word.

Ray would say something like this : A sinner will not repent until he sees his need for grace.

So Ray adds an extra step. Ironside says that repentance IS the recognition of sin. Ray says repentance comes AFTER recognising sin.

According to Ironside there are two steps - Repent (admit you are a sinner) and Believe the Gospel
According to Ray there are three - Admit you are a sinner, Turn from sins, and Believe the Gospel

Last edited by Luke; 09-21-2008 at 01:20 PM.