View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Predestination? Do you mean the Calvinistic heresy that says God created men to send them to hell with no way out?

No, it's not impossible. You can sin, backslide, and yes, even stop believing, but if you're saved then you are SAVED glory to God!

This passage is very simple: "if we deny him, he also will deny us:", this is if we reject the gospel. If we deny Christ, He will deny us before the Father. He that denies Christ is anti-christ. "if we believe not, yet he abideth faithfull: he cannot deny himself.", this means simply if we quit believing, He cannot deny Himself and "unsave" us. We will lose rewards, "but he himself shall be saved".

In Christ,
Josh
I think you are correct about rejecting the gospel. But I don't think this 'belief' has anything to do with belief in Christ Jesus as Lord and Saviour. I just cannot believe Salvation is found in those without faith. Perhaps God's grace is extended to those without faith in Christ Jesus, perhaps not. I will continue to live my life by faith (not just belief) in Christ Jesus.

Much Love in Christ Jesus,
Stephen