View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKG View Post
Thanks all for the comments. They have been helpful. Tonybones; I think you hit the nail on the head. Talking with this young man reminds me of folks like the Church of Christ (COC) or the Calvinists. Once a person has been indoctrinated with COC teachings, every time they see water or baptism in the Bible they see it through the "water baptism is essential for salvation" filter. Most Calvinists when they see the words elected or chosen in the Bible see it through the "in eternity past God picked out who would be saved and not saved" filter. My young friend is interpreting scripture through the "serpent seed / Kenite" filter. What's hard to understand is how this young man could fall for these teachings. I believe he is saved and he was brought up in a solid KJV believing home.

Craig, he could be going through what I call The Mars Hill Phase. He wants to discover some "new thing". We get Calvinism and CoC and UFOs and demon wives of Adam("Lillith"), "Shalom" greetings and "El Shaddai" bumper stickers from the same thing. Anything but Jesus.This "Kenite" cult is not one I've checked out, sounds like a bunch of Neo-Nazi anti-Semites to me. One thing might smack him out of it. Get a garage sale KJV, give it to him with a red magic marker and tell him, take this marker and start at Genesis 1:1 and mark a continuous line through every OT verse till you get to the end of Malichi, I'll tell you why when you get it done. When he gets it done, tell him the truth: This is the blood of Jesus Christ, it runs in a river through the whole OT, every last single livin' lovin' verse in the OT had Jesus Christ at the center. Once he's done that, it might give him a different perspective on the OT. If the Jews had done that 2000 years ago, they would have seen Who He truly Was, El Shaddai in the flesh.

You know, I hate to get on a soapbox, but not 1 person in 1 million knows what "el shaddai" means, unless you are in Tel Aviv. Why don't they just make "God Almighty" bumper stickers?

Grace and peace brother

A Mystified Tommy Bones