View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzoff1031 View Post
I've prayed a lot and I'm just still confused!

The good news?
1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
He will put order in your heart and mind.

I also use the Cambridge King James Bible with no footnotes. And yes, in time you will discover that the Holy Spirit will specifically teach YOU more and more through the written word of God. That does not mean He does not and will not use others, but our final source of authority is His written word preserved in the KJB.

Quote:
Josh wrote: The Holy Spirit will guide you in understanding the Bible.
You can trust God the Holy Spirit to speak to you directly through the written word of God. You should also delight in the fact that as a believer the incarnate Word is in you. "Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?" (2 Corinthians 13:5). Therefore, you should, "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:" (Philippians 2:5).
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
The word of God is "spiritual" and is taught to us by the Holy Spirit. That puts us all on equal ground. You have the word of God. The incarnate Word (Jesus) is in you. And you have the Holy Spirit.
1 John 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
Quote:
Brother George wisely wrote: If I want to know what other men "think" about a verse (or subject) in the Bible, I buy their books and read their "opinions". I personally don't like their "opinions" mixed in with the Holy words of God! And I certainly don't rely on other men for my understanding of Scripture.
We certainly have men who teach, but we do not need man's teachings in order to know the truth. Trust God for spiritual understanding and wisdom.