View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthsayer View Post
---I inherited Dake's commentary from my Dad, and immediately found two things that were way wrong. One is the "gap theory", something he probably picked up from Scofield, who was responsible for this ridiculous prop for Darwinism.

The other one was to say that Jesus did not become the Son of God, or divine, or the Messiah, etc.etc., until he his baptism by John. It's a conjecture at best, adding to the word at worst. Jesus said "my father's business" and he was "the holy one of God" while still in the womb.

A third one is pre-Tribulation rapture, which is easily corrected by Jesus' plain words in Matthew 24, and Paul's warning against that very thing in II Thessalonians 2.

(Except for those who believe Jesus sent the apostles out 2x2 at different times to preach incompatible gospels, along with other many problems)
You're digging yourself into a hole you can't get out of here, friend. I myself don't support a lot of dispensationalism, but know that on these forums, the brethren are very strong in their conviction for it. Just a word of caution for ya.

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen