View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 05:46 PM

Chette said;

Quote:
no problem Forrest.

did anyone catch Winman using Acts 11 to prove those in Act 2 and 3 we saved under the gospel of Grace through faith alone? talk about wrongly joining the word of truth.

I am not even going to answer a man who refuses to rightly divide the word of truth. disobedience is subtle sometimes.
Nice Chette. Truth is, you cannot answer it.

Acts 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God? 18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

This verse is very straightforward and easy to undertstand. Peter is saying the Gentiles received the like gift as they did in Acts 1 "who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ".

This proves that these Gentiles heard the same gospel that was preached to the Jews in Acts 1. It was the gospel to believe on the Lord Jesus for forgiveness of sins and to receive everlasting life, not the restoration of the kingdom of Israel.

Do a little word study. Look up the word "gospel" in the book of Acts. The very first mention is Acts 8:25

Acts 8:25 And they, when they had testified and preached the word of the Lord, returned to Jerusalem, and preached the gospel in many villages of the Samaritans.

This is the very first mention of any gospel in the book of Acts. And it says Peter and John preached it to the Samaritans. It is after the stoning of Stephen.

There is no mention of the "gospel of the kingdom" in the entire book of Acts. Study and see for yourself. It is not mentioned even once.

Now look up the word "kingdom" in the book of Acts. You will find in all instances except Acts 1:6, that it is always used as the "kingdom of God". The one exception is Acts 1:6 where it says "kingdom to Israel". This is when the apostles asked Jesus if the kingdom would be restored to Israel "at this time", to which the Lord said:

Acts 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? 7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. 8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

So, you can falsely accuse me of not rightly dividing the word all you want, doesn't make it so. The fact is, there is nowhere in Acts where the apostles are preaching the restoration of Israel if the Jews repent of killing Jesus.

I know this is in the wrong thread, but I wanted to answer your baseless accusation. I challange you to show me even one verse in the book of Acts that says the Lord will restore the kingdom to Israel if the Jews repent of killing Jesus.

Show me the verse.

Last edited by Winman; 06-12-2009 at 05:58 PM.