View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
I still couldn't imagine writting in my Bible. I mean, after reading the Bible enough, with highlighter in hand, the whole thing will end up highlighted. I mean the whole thing at one point or another just blows me away. So I guess in my minds eye my entire Bible is highlighted.
I have to agree, and strangely enough, I have been attacked from the pulpit for my habit of making notes on paper and bookmarking the appropriate Bible pages with them rather than scribbling all over the pages of the Bible. Yes, it is an expensive Bible, but God bought it and will buy me another one, but to attack someone because they don't take scribble notes and take care of their Bible seems a bit weird to me. I just prayed for the fellow at the pulpit to be a bit more open-minded about the whole deal.

Take the Book of James, for example...go read it right now and tell me which parts you WOULDN'T underline rather than the ones you would. It is a lot shorter list, I bet...

With my Thompson, I will make an occasional side reference, usually from the NT to the OT if Dr. Thompson hasn't done it. Not a big deal.