View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 10:21 AM

Aloha illusionznc,

Your quote:
Quote:
"I have received some less than hospitable responses in here that quite frankly kind of upset me at first, and then hurt my feelings. I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, and I may not be as smart as you are, but from some of the responses in here that I've seen, I would have to seriously question whether you were truly a christian. I have been nice to people, and only try to get some help with stuff I don't understand."
If you will recall, I welcomed you to the AV1611 Bible Forum and tried to explain to you that some folks on the Forum might be a "wee bit touchy" because of some trouble makers that recently showed up here. (They come and go - kind of like the wind.)

On the other hand, I perceive that you may be a new Christian, and as such, you may not have had much dealings with other Christians that may differ from you in character and temperament.

If your feelings have been hurt, by statements that are not meant to offend, or if you think that some of the brethrens' comments have been far too offensive, then you might be a wee bit too sensitive to inquiries that are sincerely made (with no malice intended) about what you believe or where you stand as a Christian.

There are some reasons why some on this board might be suspicious of you:

#1. The name you chose as your "handle" (illusionznc) gives rise to questions.{"illusion"?}

#2. Your sensitivity to questions that normally wouldn't upset Christians that are grounded in the word of God.

#3. Your willingness to question whether a person is a Christian or not, based on how you perceive you are being treated - "I would have to seriously question whether you were truly a christian."

I have been a Christian for over 50 years now, and I don't go around questioning other people's salvation {whether they are born again or not}. Just because a Christian brother or sister may not treat me right or may commit some other sin, does not mean that they are not Christians - after all we can't possibly know their hearts, only God knows the hearts of men. [1Kings 8:39 & 2Chronicles 6:30]

The Bible instructs us (Christians) that we are to have "charity", and we are NOT to be "easily provoked":

1 Corinthians 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

I would encourage you to "bear" with us. There are many wonderful and knowledgeable Christian brethren on this Forum who may be of some help to you as you grow in the Lord.

We are living in "the last days", and it is getting more and more difficult to find people (Christian brethren) who are willing to take a stand for the word of God. This Forum has more people who are willing to take that stand, than any church that I have been in for the last 50 years.

If you stick around, I'll guarantee that you will learn things about God and about His Holy word, that you won't hear on radio or TV, or in most churches today!