Thread: Love & Race
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Aloha biblereader,

3 Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed:

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.[/FONT]

These verses are NOT talking about "marriage". In the context they are talking about doing THE WORK OF GOD! Verse 1 talks about WORKERS; Verse 3 is talking about the "MINISTRY"; verse 4 talks about MINISTERS OF GOD; Verses 4-10 are talking about the "MINISTRY"; and Verse 14 is speaking about being "UNEQUALLY YOKED" - as in hooking up a Horse and a Ox together (for "WORK") or harnessing a Horse and a Jackass together (for "WORK"). {My wife and I have been married for 48 years, we aren't "YOKED" TOGETHER - we are "JOINED" TOGETHER - Matthew 19:6 & Mark 10:9}

The verses are simply saying - when you go out to do the "WORK" OF GOD, do NOT get hooked up ("yoked") with UNBELIEVERS!
Now, am I recommending that a Christian marry a lost person? Of course NOT!
OK Georgie, I'm glad you have a good marriage. I, now, do too. Been married 26 years to the same man, with one year off for a divorce, but, we remarried. I think of a husband and wife as a TEAM. Plus, we are united together. What is your definition of united together in a marriage?
You say the verses are saying when you do the work of the Lord, don't get hooked up with lost people.
Where do you do the work of the Lord, George?
Whom do you work, as a team with, in doing the work of the Lord?
Before you begin doing the "work of the Lord", do you examine the other team member, to make sure they are born again, or, how do you determine if the person you are to do the work of the Lord with, is equal to you?
(if you're not to be unequally yoked, then you should be equally yoked, right?)
Where do you do the work of the Lord?
Another question I hope you answer is, don't you live your life as a constant witness, in your home, in front of your family?
You sound like a pretty knowledgeable guy, so, define the work of the Lord, as Jesus means it, from the bible, tell me where you do the work of the Lord, and where you do NOT do the work of the Lord, and tell me how you decide, biblically, if a person is suitable to work WITH you, doing the work of the Lord Jesus?