Thread: Love & Race
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 05:48 PM

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

Same holds true today. We are supposed to separate ourselves from those in darkness, from those who are unrighteous, from those who are idol worshippers.
Now, if a woman or man decides to marry, and become ONE, (sexual intercourse) with a spouse who is in darkness, lost, and not in fellowship with Jesus, and God, that person is doing the opposite of what God tells them to do. That's rebellion.
With rebellion there is a penalty, always, God set it up that way, so his dumb as sheep children would learn to do what HE says, and WHY we should mind Him.
This is pretty plain, God saying NOT to yoke yourself(2 oxen yoked together MUST pull together, eventually) with unbelievers.
If people think this verse does not apply to marriage, then what situations DOES it apply to?
Where else, what other relationship is so close, so PERSONAL, so GODLY, than marriage, and the intimate relationship that is to be found in a marriage?
Why would God say to not be in fellowship with unbelievers, but, say, on the other hand, HEY, it's ok to marry this bible hating atheist, and have sex with him, sure, go right ahead. No problem in MY eyes.
The same holds true today, is what I said, and that's why I said it.
Maybe every word I said just now wasn't picture perfect, and in my passion to get it out I might have slipped up on a couple of words, but really, Jassy, you know as well as I do that marriage to a lost man is a MISERABLE relationship. I don't think God had that in mind, when He talked about husbands and wives.
BTW, for the other person here, talking about marriage, the bible says NOTHING about wedding rings, or marriage licenses. But, we sure do think they're important, dont' we?

Man, I am tired. Time for rest. Love to you all who read this.
Peace, joy, and grow in the knowledge of God.