View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 12:47 PM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbiwolski View Post
Was he not showing words that Westcott and Hort removed in their text? Maybe I missed his point.
It looks to me like he was bolding the words W-H took out. I just looked in my NIV and they are in fact gone. Do you see this as a problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbiwolski View Post
Where do you get the idea that we're defending changing the text of scripture, or making allowances for some to do it? Reread the start of this thread. The question was in reference to what John was talking about at the close of his book. I think I addressed clearly why I believe that John was referring only to the book that he was writing.

I was in no way suggesting that "you can pick and choose all throughout the Bible, but not in Revelation..."

I believe the commands to leave God's words untouched in Deut. and Prov. etc., and I would never condone ANYONE adding/subtracting/altering the words of God.
I guess I'm not sure what y'all are trying to accomplish. It looks like you are defending the fact that there will not be consequences for messing with God's Word.

You said you're with Paladin, so this is where it looks as though those that take away from the Bible in other places should be ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin54 View Post
Is all the Bible prophecy? I think not, even though the whole Bible is the special revelation of Jesus Christ.

So if I take words out of...say Joshua, my name will be taken out of the book of life?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin54 View Post
You're right, but that brings us back to the original question, could Revelation 22:19 be talking only about the book of prophecy of Revelation?

And if yes, then does that mean that those who omit from the Bible, which is all prophecy, lost their place in the book of life?

Brother, this is huge.