View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 11:56 AM
rbratt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibleprotector View Post
It is certainly unusal for someone to have a Tyndale Bible, yet seem to know so little about it. What George and Manny have posted above are, I think, very helpful for anyone who wants to find real answers.
I haven't read nearly all of the "versions" of the Bibles and other works that I have. For that matter, I can't say that I have sat down and read any Bible cover to cover. I collected these Bibles over the years from the recycle bins at libraries, yards sales, and finding them in old houses that we have bought. Its absolutely amazing what libraries throw away as "outdated". For a long time it was more important for me to say I had them than for me to actually read them.

I have finally decided to "get serious" with God and I have a LOT of questions, doubts, etc on a lot of subjects. I learned enough to get me into trouble basically. I have several children and it is very important to me that they come to know God in a much better way than I did. Anyway, I am home now and will be doing a lot of soul searching.