View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 01:41 PM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie View Post
The way a wrong spirit gets shown here is in not treating your opponent as acting in good faith, as also trusting the Holy Spirit, as having come to his views as honestly and Biblically as you have. I don't remember if you, Beth, were particularly guilty of this, but it seems to happen a lot at this forum. My remark included many threads here, though, not just this one. I remember that Pastor Mikie left for a while because of the "hateful" attitude toward him as a believer in the gifts for today and I could only agree that he was right about that attitude, and I was glad when he returned. And I certainly don't except myself since I have lost my temper on another thread.
I was hoping for a specific example.

I certainly don't have a problem with Pastor Mikie personally. I think he has been very polite. There are many problems in the Pentecostal movement and the majority here will point out those problems. I have seen most politely disagree with his posts. To some disagreement no matter how polite will be offensive to them.

For instance Revangelist called us some sort of a name that I don't even know the meaning, I can't even remember the spelling. I was surprised because we were just pointing out facts, no personal attacks. I don't think this is fair. instead how about attacking the argument made by his opponents. Or if we are so different in our interpretations then just tell us how you interpret the verses that we point out.

I think if Pentecostals want to talk about the KJB, they should keep their post to that subject. Not, "I want to talk about this topic re: KJB, and just to let everyone know, I'm Pentecostal and only want to talk with those that Pentecostals."

If it weren't for that, we would be talking about the Nelson scandal. If he wanted to keep to that topic and not preach his Pentecostal beliefs then no one would be debating him.