View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 07:15 AM

Sorry I've been so delayed in replying.

You've clearly established that the atonement attained by the blood of bulls and goats (OT) is not applicable to the NT believer today. Now since all scripture is...profitable for doctrine,... it becomes just as clear that not all scripture is to be applied to the NT believer - although it is doctrine, it's not YOUR doctrine (you said so yourself).

So, all scripture is profitable for establishing the perameters of doctrine, yet not all of the doctrines established can be pronounced applicable to the NT believer today. I know you understand the concept, and it really is that simple.

Now, does the OT apply to believers at all? Well, simply put, there's a reason that it's called the OLD testament.

I've got to go, but I'm sure you'll find somebody's posts about the three applications of scripture (historical, doctrinal, and spiritual). Search George's posts for this, I'm confident that he's covered it, and know it will resolve the questions previously posted. Knowing how and which application you can receive without crossing the doctrinal perameter will open it all up for you.