View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 02:44 PM
wwjd.usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Actually, this is false. There is a thread on here somewhere that will clear up this false info for you. I think it's in the doctrines section.

As for war. God does not anywhere in the Bible condemn war or self defense. In fact, He does not condemn killing. He condemns murder. There is a big difference. For instance: Say I'm walking down the street with my fiancé and jumps us, puts a gun in our face and tells me to stand back and watch him rape her. Do you honestly think that Jesus condemns responding violently and or/killing him to save her? Absolutely not!! Jesus never condemns self defense, or the defense of others.

As for the terrorists, they sealed their own doom when they attacked and declared war on us. This falls under the self defense category.
Yes, and yet Jesus condemned Peter for trying to rescue Jesus. Yet, Jesus commands up to love each other and to love our enemies. Yet, we should always be ready to die, for his cause. As for your example, it is better to die, than to sin. Yet Jesus consider a war, a bad thing.

(Matthew 24 Jesus says that in the last days there would be many wars, and people would greatly sin. Jesus implies that wars are when people fall away from God.