View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
I have this 1982 Yamaha Maxim 400 with around 4,800 original miles on it. I need a new set of Carb's and I can't find them. I can't even find a rebuild kit for the Carbs It is in fairly good condition. Waiting for the local DMV known as the LTO, to have their vehicles without Paperwork amnesty so I can register it. it hadn't been registered since 1991 and there is no paperwork at all, all was lost. The poor thing sat in storage for 16 years and was a mess when I acquired it. I rebuilt it but with all used parts but repaired parts. I had to healiarch Aluminum onto it to seal a crack in the oil filter cover. because I couldn't find a new cover.
LOL, I may have to skill saw my oil filter cover since the bolt is completely stuck into the bottom of the engine and the bolt head is totally twisted off!

You know, I bet ebay has the parts you need. If not ebay, perhaps Yamaha could help you. Have you tried calling them? Most dealers these days in the states can get parts for nearly anything, and if they can't, perhaps Yamaha could direct you to someone that could.

BTW, I have a 1980 XS850SG that only had 13,000 original miles on it last August. It's been such a blast! I found out that one motorcycle proverb is true. You'll never see a motorcycle in front of a pyschiatrists office!

Peace and Love,
Stephen