View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 06:59 PM

[QUOTE=George;23385]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
I will answer your question within the quote in blue.

Aloha brother Gord,

I am saddened and disappointed that my study on Calvinism has prompted you to become a "Calvinist". But since I believe in Christian "liberty", I will not castigate or berate you over your "decision", especially since I do NOT have "dominion over your faith" [2Corinthians 1:24].

[...
Brother George, please don't feel saddened or disappointed. I'm am really not sure why it's so important to 'pigeon hole' people of varying thoughts or believes into a label? The uniqueness of everyone's understanding of God's Grace is as varied as the stars in the sky, and soon we will run out of labels.

By your definition, and need to for lack of a better term, 'pigeon hole', then I am what you call a Calvinist. But like you I too do not agree entirely with all Calvin taught, nor Arminus, so in reality I am just a Gordist, and you would be a Georgeist.

You should be delighted that your study sparked me to look deeper and discover this great mystery of our Lord and Saviour, I know I sure am humbled to know that I had nothing to do with it. Please see my response to Brother Forest for my reasons of that excitement. I thank you for challenging my mind.