View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 10:34 AM
grace to me

diligent , i grew up in a calvinist church and i could see errs like infant baptism that wern't scriptural , i overheard my dad and my grandpa talking about baptism ,grandpa was a baptist . so i went looking for a different church, what i was looking for was a loving church since God is love i figured that his church would be manifested by love , well i ended up in a charismatic church they baptized by imersion , then things started happening they told me the way to study was get as many versions as i could and compare them , and i got so confused and such a headache , they trusted their emotions , well i seen an ad in the paper on how to study the bible so i went and he showed how the kjv was the word of God and how God preserved it perfect and we could trust it so i spent 6 months praying about it and asking God to show me if this was true , one day i oped up a greek interlinear and read the forward which i never read and there it was exactly as pastor mott had said wescott & hort were behind it , etc. then i went to some bible encyclopedias i had bought while in the charismatic church , and they said the same thing and said that the jws bible was from the same texts as the modern versions so i approached the pastor at the charismatic church about the differances between the versions and he said it doesn't matter as long as you love the Lord. right there i knew i was done going there , so i ended up joining the church pastor mott started here , then everything fell apart my wife left me and said i would never see my son again , well about 3 weeks later she came back and her parents won't have nothing to do with her , i shared with my best friend that the kjv is the Word of God and showed him the difference between them and he no longer speaks to me . ill have to check that book out . detroitchurch.net is the pastor that started our church.
jim