View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC@KJV View Post
Hello!

I am new to reading the KJV Bible, and I read from these posts that the Nelson KJV isnt the "right" one as they have alexandrian tendencies. (Nelson KJV is the one I have).

So my question is this: Which KJV Bible is best to use (cambridge, oxford, etc...)?? where can I buy it??

I would like a larger Bible, with bigger letters and words of Christ in red. So can someone please point me in the direction that I need to go.

Also is there a book, dictionary, etc... that I can use with the KJV?? (something other then swordsearcher).

Thank You

God Bless
I am new to reading the KJV Bible, and I read from these posts that the Nelson KJV isnt the "right" one as they have alexandrian tendencies. (Nelson KJV is the one I have).

So my question is this: Which KJV Bible is best to use (cambridge, oxford, etc...)?? where can I buy it??

I would like a larger Bible, with bigger letters and words of Christ in red. So can someone please point me in the direction that I need to go.

Also is there a book, dictionary, etc... that I can use with the KJV?? (something other then swordsearcher).

Thank You

God Bless
_________
I do think this needs to be stated. I provide the following note FYE, not to be critical. You state:"....reading the KJV Bible...", and "...Which KJV Bible is best to use...." Leaving "features" aside("larger Bible, with bigger letters and words of Christ in red"....wide margins...etc.), the "bigger" question, it seems to me, is whether you are going to believe that Holy Bible.

That is, I often hear the issue framed as "Which 'the' bible do you 'prefer', 'use', 'like'......?"

I "use" a car manual, dictionary, Strongs......' , and I "like" ice cream, my "favorite" being vanilla, and I "like" smoking, my favorite being NOW shorts. That is, the "which 'the' Bible" issue is framed in terms of "likeability", "preference", or 'usability", instead of truth. No one believes a 'the' Bible they "prefer", "like", or "use", for that presupposes an authority over it. And this is the mindset of "The Bible Correction Society", i.e., they have there doctrine, and if they read a verse that they do not understand, since it does not "fit"/suit their doctrine, because they do not understand it, they find a "version" that does, that they "prefer", that they "like", that is their "favorite". Thus, instead of the Holy Bible correcting them(2 Tim. 3:16), they submit the Holy Bible to their(fallible) correction, and thus, they are the final authority, not the objective words of the Holy Bible. Instead of them "revising", "correcting" their doctrine based on the objective words of the Holy Bible, i.e., it is they that needs "correction", "revision"...., they "correct", "revise" the Holy Bible, instead of believing it, and submitting to it.

If this is "off course", I apologize. My intent was to frame the debate as one of truth, not "preference", "usability","likeability." I do not understand/like much of Shakespeare , nor a medical book(my brother is a doctor), but I am not to "revise", "correct",.....based on my understandabilty(or lack thereof) or "preference."

In Christ,

John M. Whalen