View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 02:21 PM

Annanias received a command from our Lord Jesus Christ as he hath seen him in a vison to put his hand on Paul that he might received his sight. Paul's encountered with the Lord led him to understand about himself with trembling and astonishment. This implies that he can do nothing except the Lord whom he persecuted. Paul was saved that is why our Lord said unto Annanias that he was a chosen vessel, to bear Christ name before the Gentiles. To be noted in verse 11, Saul was already praying, perhaps a marked that he had already a changed heart. Annanias could now approached him Brother Saul, since he had already been saved and only by touching him might received his sight and be filled with the Holy Ghost not to be sealed/indwelt by the Holy Ghost which was unto every believer upon accepting Christ as Saviour. Momentarily he was baptized by Annanias as an identification and to begin his ministry preaching Christ as the Son of God in the synagouges.

Acts 9:10 And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.
Acts 9:12 And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.
Acts 9:3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
Acts 9:6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
Acts 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
Acts 9:17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.
Acts 9:18 And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.
Acts 9:20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

When was Paul got saved? When he encountered the Lord not when he encountered Annanias.

The Conversion of Paul leads me to think on the following:
1. Paul as the Persecutor - Acts 9:1-2
2. Paul as the Penintent - Acts 5-6
3. Paul as the Prayerful- Acts 9:11
4. Paul as the Preacher - Acts 9:20-22
5. Paul as the Persecuted Acts 9:23-24

As I study this one together with chapter 22, and as Paul rehearsed his conversion, verse 7 of Acts 9 seem a contradictory with 22:9 where verse 7 stated that Paul's companion heard the voice and whereas 22:9 did not "hear the voice". Why is this? Any could offer help? thanks in advance too.