View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 11:50 PM

“For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.” (Zephaniah 3:9).

If you look at the context of this verse, you can see that it is set in the latter times. Now, since people were talking Hebrew, the “pure language” to which the people would be turned cannot be Hebrew (they would not be turned from Hebrew to Hebrew, but to another language). Moreover, it cannot be Greek (the New Testament) because the Jews and even Christians to this day, have to yet reached a point of “one consent” in believing, and in their knowledge of what God’s name actually is (i.e. JEHOVAH).

Since English is the global language, the “pure language” must be God’s Word in one form (one Bible version) for all. Thus, the pure language is literally Biblical English.

This being the case, going back to the Hebrew or Greek, both in regards to text (which words belong) and/or translation (the meaning of words) is not consistent with the statement of Zephaniah 3:9.

“For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.” (Isaiah 28:11).

The evangelisation of the Jews (i.e. natural Israel) must be by a different language, not Hebrew, nor Syriack, nor Greek, but English. There has not yet been a full conversion of the Jews or Israel, (even though English is now spoken there), but the Scripture shows that Israel (the Jews) must be converted: “And so all Israel shall be saved” (Rom. 11:26a), “Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.” (Rom. 11:31), “I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you.” (Rom. 10:19), etc.

There are plenty of indications in Scripture that the language of the last days conversion of Israel must begin by Gentiles (i.e. a nation of English speakers). “Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.” (Isaiah 45:22, 23).

“Every word of God is pure” (Proverbs 30:5a).

God’s Word is in English. It is a pure version and translation in English. And we even have it pure right down to the details of spelling and so on. Then why would we surrender this great heritage, and think that running to a lexicon etc. is going to be a foundational source for interpretation of the words of Scripture.

Is not God powerful enough to give His Word fully and utterly in English? Is He not powerful enough to give not only sufficiently but fully His revelation in English as much as it was in the Hebrew or Greek? And is not the English Bible superior because it has gathered into one book all the 66 books, and that the language happens to correspond to the one world language, where study of it shows it has the exact and fullness of His written revelation to mankind?

The Authority of Scripture = King James Bible only.

P.S. God did not give the Scripture by inspiration in English, but was powerful enough to cause the preservation and transmission of inspired Scripture to be formed and rendered thus (i.e. given) in the English tongue. In other words, the spirit (inspiration) of the words that were written in Hebrew and Greek are just as powerful today in our King James Bible. While inspiration is a one off process, the product "inspired words" must not diminish in time and space (despite the spirit of antichrist, etc.). In fact, when God was giving the Scripture by inspiration when it was being written, God was fully intending and specifically planning that those words would be all brought together in one volume, one book, that is, one common and standard Bible for the whole world, being the King James Bible. However, God has been faithful, and blessed the Scripture and the users of it at any stage of history, despite persecutions, scattering or impurities (like tiny copying mistakes). God has ensured that all corruptions and even printing errors have, at the last, been eliminated.

Last edited by bibleprotector; 09-19-2008 at 12:00 AM.