Thread: Bad tracts
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 12:30 AM

I am new here but I would like to put 'my' two cents in on the subject of repentance. I am going to keep my sentences very simple as I am trying to understand if/how your definition of repentance is different than mine.

Let's look at why Christ died. Did he not become sin and die so that we could enter heaven without defiling it?

And in order to understand this, don't we have to admit to have sinned/that we are sinful creatures and that God hates our sin (it is an offense to Him).

And by understanding that God hates our sin, we have to acknowledge Him as the Ultimate Authority on the subject (and any subject) and hate our sin as well.

Isn't that essentially what repentance is? Isn't that turning from sin? We are weak so we may trip along the way, but knowing all the while these actions are wrong and gaining strength through much prayer and Bible reading.

Thus, I don't see how one can understand what Christ did for us if he doesn't understand that A: we are sinful and B: sin is an offense to God.