View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 02:47 PM

Sorry to change the topic from Revelation...

How would a person know if they are a false convert?

I believe Jesus Christ died for sinners. I admit I am a sinner. I believe Jesus Christ died for me. I have called upon Him to save me from Hell, from myself, from my sin.

Following my conversion, roughly seven years ago, I have sinned, sinned and sinned some more, and felt guilty about it all the time, until I came to a point where I almost lost the feeling of guilt, and could almost sin without feeling guilty. This was a real wake up call for me, and I fervently prayed that God would increase my faith and help me to trust in Him more to overcome temptation, and since that time, I have had the most severe testing of my faith ever. I am not even in any gross sin anymore (I am not without sin, everything done without faith is sin), but I constantly doubt my salvation. And yet, what more can I do to be saved?

I hate sin, specifically, I hate my own sin. I despise it. I despise my past. I believe Jesus Christ died for me. I believe Jesus Christ is the Saviour of all those who call upon His name believing the Gospel, and yet I have no assurance, because of a lack of trust. I cry out "Lord, I believe, help thou my unbelief", and no respite comes.

No doubt there are some who would look at my life in the last six years and proclaim that I am not saved because of gross misadventure. And yet, if they would merely venture into the prayer closet with me and hear the cries from my heart, I wonder if they would dare do the same?